Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cosmos

Cosmos was really boring. Carl Sagan's voice is really weird and (as Mr. Inloes said) soothing in a weird sort of way. It made me really tired. I wonder how it stayed on air for long. Even though it wasn't the most entertaining thing on TV I have ever seen Sagan did present some interesting ideas.

I have to admit I never knew about space travel before. So when Sagan talked about how if you travel at the speed of light time goes much slower for you than it does for everyone else. To me, that seems really cool. Its as close to time travel that seems actually possible. The thing that isn't appealing is that you can't go back. If you travel at the speed of light for 5 years for normal people, you can't go back to where you started.

Another thing that interested me was when Sagan talked about the ideas of how to travel at speed of light. The spaceship that moves by making little hydrogen bombs. The spaceships moves like a machine that goes put, put, put. The idea is really interesting. I think it could be really cool if the scientists figured out how to make a spaceship like this with out it blowing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment