Sunday, October 7, 2012

Jurassic Park Book Discussion

Before I started the book I had an idea about what it would be like. To be honest, i thought it was going to be pretty boring and very science-y. I wasn't too excited. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The book is very interesting and keeps the readers attention. I especially like how the author writes each chapter from a different characters point of view.

 The main man in the novel is Dr. grant, a famous paleontologist with a very logical point of view. He makes most of his decisions based on his gut and his previous knowledge of dinosaurs. My favorite character is Timmy. He is the grandson of Hammond, the owner of the island, and is invited to see the island and show what the kids point of view is. He is obsessed with dinosaurs and provides a lot of insight into the lives of the dinosaurs. He is, in my opinion, one of the smartest people in the novel, even though he is one of the youngest.


The novel is definately  a book everyone should read. The plot keeps the reader interested and wanting to read more. The dangerous dinosaur island provides an alternative world for the reader to dive into and see what it would be like if dinosaurs where to come back from extinction

No comments:

Post a Comment